SSIS Package opens with errors after installing Visual Studio 2010

Last week I installed Visual Studio Premium 2010, and today I had to open a SSIS 2008 package. To my dismay when I opened it I got the following error (Unable to instantiate XML DOM document, please verify that MSXML binaries are properly installed and registered) among others.

After a bit of Googling I found a post the suggested to re-install MSXML6 which I tried but it gave an error that a newer version is already Read More »

Advertisements

SQL SERVER – UDF – Function to Convert Text String to Title Case – Proper Case (via Journey to SQL Authority with Pinal Dave)

Really very useful! Copy, Paste, Execute and Use. Saved me a lot of time.

Following function will convert any string to Title Case. I have this function for long time. I do not remember that if I wrote it myself or I modified from original source. Run Following T-SQL statement in query analyzer: SELECT dbo.udf_TitleCase('This function will convert this string to title case!') The output will be displayed in Results pan as follows: This Function Will Convert This String To Title Case! T-SQL code of the function is: CREA … Read More

via Journey to SQL Authority with Pinal Dave

Procedure or function ‘GetOrder’ expects parameter ‘@ID’, which was not supplied.

Today I started a new method and and instead of doing the usual copy and paste code from one of my already working methods I just typed it as it is only 3 lines.

SqlCommand Command = new SqlCommand("GetOrder");           
Command.Parameters.AddWithValue("@ID", OrderID);
DataTable dtOrder = Factories.ReturnDataObjetcs.FillDataTable(Command, _cn);

On Execution I got the following error:

Procedure or function 'GetOrder' expects parameter '@ID', which was not supplied.

So I check, rechecked and checked my code and stored procedure again and everything is correct. I called over my colleague to see if I’m missing something and he also couldn’t spot a problem. So we went about changing the name of the parameter, checking that its actually passing the parameter etc etc. We dropped the stored procedure, re-execute the code and got the expected error that it cant find the stored procedure called ‘GetOrder’. We recreated the procedure and tried again, and what do you know, we were still getting the error about not finding the parameter.

So we ended up checking the already working methods and it all boiled down to this one line

Command.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;

and hey presto!!! it finally worked.